Sunday, March 27, 2011

Rosemary Tomato Scones Fit for a Duchess


In case you were wondering, the Duchess of Squirrel is Gretchen's alter-ego. Both Gretchen and her noble alter-ego were out of town at a conference for the last few days and I missed her, so I decided to make her brunch. I've had a hankering to work with dough lately so I made rosemary-tomato scones from the Vegan Brunch Cookbook. We had half a can of tomato sauce left over which went into them, and I added sundried tomatoes and used up a bunch of fresh rosemary. They came out really well! There's nothing better than a fresh baked scone on Sunday morning.

To go with that I briefly boiled our broccolini and dressed it with a simple vinagrette from a Barefoot Contessa recipe -- olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and dijon mustard. I added some crushed red pepper. They were tasty, and it was such a small amount of vinagrette it was just sort of a hint of added flavor on top of the fresh vegetable flavor. I also made scrambled eggs with a little bit of garlic jack cheese we picked up at the farmer's market in Santa Monica yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment